Thursday, March 28, 2013

And the verdict is....

Bronchitis.  I went to the doctor today as I just have not been feeling at all well this week, no energy with a cough that just won't stop.  I worked from home yesterday as I was up all night Tuesday night coughing and thought I should just stay home.

There's a reason why you shouldn't doubt your body!  It inevitably does know when something is wrong with you,  I was tired and so lethargic last Thursday that I really, really struggled with my workout.  Now I know why.  This was percolating it's way through my immune system.  Oh well.  I have meds now and hopefully will be on the mend sooner rather than later.

I have really missed my daily walks, I just haven't had the energy.  I walked from the train to my office on Monday and I honestly felt like I needed a nap when I got there. I  bypassed my walks during my break on Monday and then took the skytrain back to the train in the evening. I just couldn't face walking that far. (It's only 1km).  On Tuesday I skytrained it both to and from work.

Needless to say, my step counts are way down this week!  Friday  9358, Saturday 10,672, Sunday 3689,  Monday 7118, Tuesday 6051, Wednesday 2776, today 3558.  Can you tell when my body gave up and surrendered?  I was feeling so lousy on Friday and Saturday and made myself keep moving.  Come Sunday there was no umption there at all.

I hope to be back up to speed by Monday now that I have some med's.  I'll listen to my body and how tired I am but I'm not going to lose weight if I don't keep moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment