Saturday, January 24, 2015

Runs for Cookies virtual 5K and Weigh In

I had a good day today. I was up and out the door at 7:15 to go to my weight watchers meeting. I was disappointed to find I was up 1.4 pounds. I'm not going to worry about it too much as I know why. I had popcorn Thursday night and I didn't drink enough water on Friday.

I had 8K on my half marathon training schedule for today. I was hoping to get my run outside but we have a bit of a Pineapple Express happening. By this afternoon I knew that an outside run want going to happen. 

I headed up to the gym and was happy to pretty much have the women's section to myself. I started out in the treadmill and did a mile of hill repeats before I switched over to the AMT machine as my feet were going numb. I decided to do the next 3.1 miles there and count that as my Runs for Cookies Virtual 5K as I  am going to the Investors Group Walk for Memories tomorrow to represent the Alzheimer Society(where I work). After the walk my husband and I are going for dinner with a co-worker. 

After my 5K I moved back over to the treadmill to finish out the last mile to equal my 8K training run. 


I am so looking forward to getting back outside. My feet going numb is so not fun. My running store is getting in some new shoes as my preferred version of New Balance shoes won't be out until September.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Jason has selected for me. 

1 comment:

  1. I have also have been enjoying the warm weather here. Congrats on completing the run and I wish you luck in your half marathon :)

    ReplyDelete