Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tuesday Night - Training Run

Happy Tuesday!

It's been a busy few days, filled with a lot of activity.   On Sunday I attended the Investor Group Walk for Memories, which is an annual fundraising event held in 24 communities across British Columbia for the Alzheimer Society of B.C.   I was honoured to be asked to attend the Walk for Memories that was being held in Chilliwack.  It's a great community about 25 minutes from where I live.  It was great to see the community out supporting and honour those with Alzheimer's Disease or other dementia's.  The age range at the walk varied greatly from the four year old running circles around everyone else to the elderly using their walkers or wheelchairs to do laps in the sports Centre.  I participated in the walk doing laps for about ninety minutes, stopping only when there was someone at our table needing information.  It was a great day!


Cake for participants after the walk


















It's Tuesday which means run day.  I headed to the gym after work, all of the treadmills were busy, so I jumped onto the AMT machine.  I really think I'm the only one who uses it, as I've never seen anyone on any of them.(There are 4 of them).  I was scheduled to do 8K tonight, but my feet started going numb by the time I was 1.5miles in.  By the time I was 3 miles it was just too painful so I decided to cut it short and stop at 5K. 

I know it's important to build my mileage up for my half marathon training, I will be doing a 9K run on Saturday, rain or shine!  I've mapped out the route on map my run, and I'll be doing it outdoors come heck or high water! 

No comments:

Post a Comment