Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hill Repeats

I think I'm having a love-hate relationship with hill repeats right now.  Tonight was my last Thursday night in the gym. My new run clinic starts next Thursday, so as per the schedule I've been following tonight was hill repeats. I seem to do ok for the first couple and then the last few just about kill me. 😃

I started out with a brisk walk for 5 minutes to warm up then kicked the speed up to 3.5mph. I did the gradual increase in incline like I did a few weeks ago. I like it better than the hill program in the machine. I can put the incline up and down as I choose so it's easier to get the proper rest segments.  I ran each incline for 2 minutes and walked for one and repeated 12 times and finished off with 5 minutes of walking brisk. 

I missed getting a picture of the machine during cool down as someone I hadn't seen in years came over to talk to me as I was cooling down.  It was as I was going downstairs that I realized I didn't get the picture. Thank goodness I looked at my distance when I started my cool down.
Tomorrow is a rest day and then I have weigh in on Saturday and a 9K run on the schedule. 

I'm a little nervous about weigh in on Saturday after my gain last week but I'm hoping for the best. I've been on plan and gotten in a lot of activity. 





No comments:

Post a Comment