Tuesday, January 18, 2011

So Far So good...

...I'm here and going strong. I had a super busy few days with work. Friday I worked a 12 hour shift so I did not get any gym time in. By the time I got off work the gym was closing. I also didn't get there on Saturday or Sunday as I was working a bridal fair booth, and honestly after being on my feet for 10 hours each day, I got home around 7pm and just wanted to soak in a hot tub. Standing on my feet, smiling and talking all day are not what I'm used to. I'm used to my nice comfy office chair with my nice comfy desk. It is not the same when your setting up a booth and working a bridal fair, talking to brides and their mother's all weekend. I did get activity in on the weekend by setting up the booth, hauling around all the boxes of brochures, hauling the unhanded brochures at tear down and carrying them into the office one by one. I did that last part intentionally, there's just something about carrying a box of brochures that weigh about 40 pounds, through a store, up the escalator, through the store and into your office that makes you feel good. I could gave used a hand cart but I wanted the activity. YEAH ME!

Monday saw my return to the gym, it was actually fun. The gym was really busy for some reason, my husband couldn't get one of the bikes he likes to ride, and the treadmills were all full. Just as we met up to talk about walking the track, two elliptical machines opened up so over we hustled and we did the elliptical together. We had never done this before and it was fun. In the end my husband racked up more mileage than I did but I'm good with that, he's more than a 100 pounds less than I am, he was hustling and he was just doing the manual program. I was doing my hill climb which ranges the resistance level from 2-15 so it is really hard to keep an even speed all the time.

Tonight saw me back at the gym again. I chose the rolling hills program tonight and upped my resistance level by one it was a great work out. I didn't feel like going to the gym on either of the past two days. I've been really tired as I'm going through my no sleep faze again but I can honestly tell you. When I get there and I get going, I'm so glad that I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment