Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goals

Do you set goals? I've never really been a New Years Resolution type person, I don't believe in them and if and when I've ever really made them, I didn't keep them, so really what was the point?

However, I'm a big believer in Goal Setting when it comes to work and fundraising, I make a goal and I work, and work hard towards that goal. I've been thinking long and hard about what type of fitness goal I should set for myself. What sort of goal is going to help keep me focused on the end result? To be perfectly honest, I haven't yet managed to figure that out.

A few years ago, my goal was to walk 60km's in two days. I did it and then repeated it, however the volunteer work I'm doing now is in conflict with the other organization so I'm not participating this year. Should I set walking 60km to be my goal? Should I set some sort of running distance as a goal? Should I set a bike riding distance as a goal? There are so many different fitness goals that I COULD set, but for some reason I just can't seem to make my mind up.

What sort of goals have you set for yourself for the coming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment