Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Going Strong

I hope you have all had a great week. I'm doing good. I didn't get to the gym on Sunday, my husband and I had to head into town for a meeting and by the time we got home I honestly, just didn't feel like it.

Monday I hit the gym and hit it hard, cardio and weights, and my husband even thanked me for making him go with me. I didn't really make him go, I told him after dinner I was going to the gym and asked if he wanted to come along. 50 minutes on the Elliptical, 30 minute weights, 10 minutes of stretching. I was feeling good!

Tuesday night saw me back at the gym, a little worried as they were forcasting major snow for us here. Something we don't get a lot of, and honestly, people here just don't know how to drive in the white fluffy stuff. I only did Cardio as it was starting to snow when I went into the gym, 50 minutes on the Elliptical and back out into our quickly growing winter wonderland I went.

This morning I actually got to shovel some snow. 10 inches of it!!! Dug out the drive way, just as the snow plow came along and cleared a path up to the gate of our complex. I have snow tires so I was pretty confidant I could get going but I was amazed when I got to the top of our slope to see that the plow had lifted his blade at the top of the hill and I had a mound of snow to plow over to get onto the street. This is how little snow we get here! Even the snow plows don't know how to clear the snow properly!

Anyway, I got out of work and the rain had started, the roads were fairly clear so after dinner up to the gym I went again, 55 minutes on the Elliptical tonight. I didn't do weight as it was simply too busy. With the schools closed today, I swear, every school's athletic team was at the Rec centre getting their fitness on. I was happy though, they can run the track, use the free weights and hog the weight machines. I had my elliptical and not a single person approached me to see how long I would be.

Tonight, I had my work out grove on, and it showed. I don't think I've sweated that much in a very long time. My towel was wet, my shirt was clinging but man do I feel good! I can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment