Saturday, April 6, 2013

Non Scale Victories and Weigh in.

After  fighting bronchitis for two full weeks now, I'm starting to feel a little bit better finally.  The antibiotics are starting to help, my cough is getting better but I'm still having to use my inhaler a few times a day.  I'll be happier when I'm back to normal and I can go for my walks without having to use my inhaler and coughing like a maniac for 30 minutes after I'm done.

Despite not feeling well, I've had several non scale victories the past couple of days and I'm really happy to share them.  The first one happened on the train, when one of the other regulars who sits across the aisle from me got on and sat down, we said good morning, then he said to me, "I don't know what you're doing but there's more space between you and the table then there used to be, keep up the good work."  That made me feel really good.

Up to now, no one has mentioned my weight loss to me. In a meeting yesterday one of my co-workers sat down beside me and told me that she meant to tell me I've been looking really good lately, have I lost some weight?  I told her I had, and she said she had noticed a lot of map my walk posting lately and to keep up the good work.  It was a great way to start a meeting!

Today I had another co worker tell me I was looking good and asked if I had lost weight.  I told her I had lost almost 42 pounds, and she was really excited for me.  Then I went to weigh in this afternoon and sure enough, at weigh in I've lost exactly 42 pounds in 13 weeks.  I only lost .2 of a pound this week, but I was expecting that, especially after such a large loss last week.

I'm feeling so good with my weight loss and my improvement in fitness level.  I went for a walk with my husband the other day and usually I walk slower than him, often trying to catch up to him.  On our walk I seemed to be keeping pace with him.  I asked him if he was walking slower for me and he told me no, he was walking his usual pace, I was just walking faster.

Talk about a great week for Non Scale Victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment