Saturday, April 20, 2013

16 Weeks, healthy choices and daily activity

Equal 45.4 pounds lost!  Wahoo!

I worked from home on Thursday so that I could be on hand if I was needed as we were hoping that my mom would have a series of tests to see what is causing the Angina attacks.  Unfortunately the morning nurse who came on shift in the ER didn't read my mom's chart correctly and put a nitro patch on her, gave my mom her morning pills and then let her have breakfast.  As my mom started to eat breakfast the nurse realized what she had done but it was too late.  Because of the pills and the nitro patch they weren't able to do the test.  This has upset my mom and dad immensely as this means my mom is now in the hospital until at least Monday.   Although I didn't go into work, which means I didn't get my normal work day steps in, I still did all right.  I took the dog for a walk, walked around the house, and got steps in going back and forth to the hospital and my parents, another quick walk with the dog and a quick 35minute elliptical work out I reached my 12,000 step daily goal and then some.

I decided to drive into work on Friday in case something happened I could leave immediately and come home.  My co worker who also lives here in Abbotsford agreed to come along with me so that I could use the HOV lane.  With the new Port Mann bridge we were at work in just over an hour, before they built the new bridge and HOV lane, the same drive would have taken us close to 2 hours.  I'm loving the new bridge and I don't mind paying the toll for it as it's so much quicker than it used to be.

I got some steps in going from the parking garage to the office.  I got steps in at work yesterday by walking and talking to people rather than calling them or sending an email.  I walked to my Weight Watchers meeting the long way(going around the buildings rather than cutting through them,) and added an extra 2 block walk on my way back to the office.  I was thrilled with my weigh in yesterday, I'm down a total of 45.4 pounds in 16 weeks.  I am so happy with how I'm progressing, and I did have my challenges with food last weekend at work.  However, by making healthy choices and getting in my daily activity, I'm reaping the benefits! 

When I got home, we had dinner and then I headed up to the hospital to see my mom.  She was in much better spirits then she was yesterday and this morning so that's  good thing.  When I got to the Cardiac Care Unit she was sitting in the patient lounge having a good laugh and chat with a few of the other patients.  We sat and talked for an hour and a half, then I went over to see my dad and put his cream on his feet for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment