Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Accountability

 Definition of ACCOUNTABILITY
: the quality or state of being accountable; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions

I didn't realize until today how much I need to have that accountability in my weight loss journey.  Without realizing it I didn't know how much I depend on my husband to help me be accountable.  My husband is away on a business trip this week, he's been gone a couple of days now and will be home in a few more.

I have found the past two nights that I have been snacking despite not being hungry.  I used to snack all the time in the evening.  Popcorn, rice cakes, etc.  I found myself tonight counting out mini rice cakes for a snack at 8pm and as I was doing so I stopped myself and asked why?  Why was I preparing this snack?  Was I hungry? Was I bored?  Why was I going to eat.  It was then I realized it.  I wasn't hungry, and I wasn't bored, but I didn't have anyone else to be accountable to.  

I have the points plus for the rice cakes so that's not a big deal, but why was I wanting a snack of rice cakes?  My husband is away, he would never question why I was making myself a snack but I wouldn't have one without being hungry.  It makes me wonder how many other times, I've eaten something or not eaten something because of being accountable to someone.  

I joined Weight Watchers meetings because I needed the accountability.  To know that someone was weighing me in, made me accountable for the choices I was making through the week.  I know that is part of the reason why I'm doing so well. 

Accountability - it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment