Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Travelling on Plan

I missed my weigh in on Friday, I had a business trip I was taking and it wasn't possible for me to make my regular weigh in place, a meeting near my home and there weren't any meetings available that work while I was away.  I did weigh myself at home before I left on Friday but I don't know how accurate my home scale is.  I always weigh more on it than I do at my actual meeting, so after fussing and worrying about the number on the scale I decided to just call this week an even week, no gain and no loss and we'll truly see how I did when I weigh in on Friday.

Now my only concern with this coming weigh in is I will be on two planes within 24 hours, which for me is not a good thing.  Flying makes me retain water like no one else I know.  Even though my flight is only an hour long, it will still cause me to retain water, so I am preparing myself for a gain because of that.

I was away from home Friday and Saturday doing training and orientations over on Vancouver Island and since I was driving, I decided to try to help myself as much as possible and I packed snacks and lunch for myself to have while I was on the ferry going over.  I did really well with my eating on Friday and even though I went out for dinner to a restaurant I stayed within  my daily points target.  I also got me some exercise.  I arrived to the ferry terminal just after 9am thinking that there was a 10am ferry...oops...no 10 am ferry, just an 11am ferry.  So what's a girl to do when she's got over an hour to kill when she realizes that there isn't going to be a 10 am ferry?  She gets out of the car and does laps of the parking area!

I managed to get 20 minutes of activity in by pacing up and down the "Dog Walk" area.  I only stopped because it wasn't that long of a stretch and more and more people were bringing their dogs over for a potty before the ferry departed.  I love animals but I don't want to be dodging doggy bombs while trying to kill time and it simply wasn't safe to be walking the parking lot as cars came in to catch the ferry.  Still, I managed to get in almost 10,000 steps on Friday despite being on a ferry, in an office training for 3.5 hours and then driving up island for over 2 hours.   I had planned to use the hotel gym when I got there but after the 2 hour drive and dealing with the Friday weekend construction traffic.  I was just too tired.

I did get out first thing on Saturday morning at 6am to get a good walk in.  I did 2.5km's in 30minutes so that made me happy.  If I'm able to keep that pace going on in two weeks, I'll be able to finish my 5km walk in under the hour that I'm shooting for :)   My food choices on Saturday weren't exactly stellar but I did all right.  I had some fruit for breakfast and when I got to the ferry to come home I was starving.  I went into the ferry terminal cafe and they had veggie trays and wraps.  I got a veggie tray without the dip, and ordered their turkey wrap.   I deconstructed the wrap, throwing out half of the tortilla so that it would be lower in points.  When I got home, my husband had roast chicken and rice ready for dinner and we at right away.  A couple of hours later, we decided to go for a drive and get a treat as I still had a whole bunch of points left.  I ended up spending 14points on a small blizzard.   I don't know what I was thinking, I could have gotten a mini for less points and I honestly didn't even eat the whole small one, it was too sweet and I felt sick after eating it, but what's done is done.  I managed to stay within my daily points and even had a couple left over at the end of the day.   Total steps for Saturday 13, 270 = 5.65 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment