Friday, May 10, 2013

19 Weeks and over 335km's walked equal

Fifty pounds lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was weigh in day!  Despite a week where I didn't get all of my 15,000 steps in every day, I ate out twice and I had a couple of treats through the week I did it!

I have lost 50.6 Pounds in 19 weeks!  Happy Dance, Happy Dance, Happy Dance!

I was so happy when I saw that I had made it I welled up with tears.  My leader gave me a hug and told me it was all right, he understood how I felt.  It's been a great 19 weeks, but it wasn't all unicorns and rainbows!  I've had some rough days, I've had some tough days.  I had days where I didn't want to track and I had days when I didn't want to walk, but in the end it's a lifestyle change and that's what it's all about.

I was very happy to be able to add some more bling to my purse zipper today.

My 10 % key chain with my 25lb charm, my 16 week charm and my shiny new 50lb charm

A couple of weeks ago, I developed shin splints, I knew that my runners are only good for so many miles and I've had these cheap runners a very long time.  So I decided to treat myself to a new pair of good quality running shoes.    I ordered them last week and low and behold today they came just in time to celebrate!  My 50 pound loss present to myself is my shiny new New Balance 840's.  Aren't they pretty?


I couldn't wait to get them on and take them for their inaugural walk this evening.  My husband and I decided to go out to dinner to celebrate my 50 pound weight loss.  Say what?!?!  She's celebrating by going out to eat.  Yes we did, we walked 1.5km's to our local sushi restaurant, had lovely California rolls and some gyoza and walked back home.    My shoes felt so nice and soft, amazingly light.  I can't wait to break them in on my long walk this weekend.  I just hope the rain their calling for holds off until late Sunday night!


No comments:

Post a Comment