Wednesday, February 11, 2015

New shoes, a busy week and a short run.

It's been a busy week. It's amazing how quickly time flies!  It was BC family day on Monday so I had the day off work. After doing some running around I found myself at Peninsula Runners to exchange the new shoes that weren't fitting right. Janet was there and she found a pair of shoes that felt pretty good. She also noticed when she was watching me walking around that my right foot seems to be pronating slightly. She thought that could be the reason my knee is giving me issues. She suggested I go to have it seen about, so I have an appointment on Saturday.
Shiny new shoes ready for their first run

I ended up working a 12 hour day on Tuesday so I didn't manage to get my run  in. After work today, although it was the last thing I wanted to do I headed up to the gym to get in a short run with my new shoes.  It was extremely busy but I managed to snag a treadmill. 

I varied my running speed and managed to run a few minutes at 4.1mph. I was so happy to hit that goal today. Not once but twice while running 2:1's. (2min running 1 minute walking). For the first time since I started using the treadmill I managed to run a mile in under 18 minutes!


I loved hitting that speed goal!  I now know that I can hit that 18 minute mile threshold for the BMO Vancouver Marathon on May 3rd.  I have 80 days to go before the half marathon. I know I can go the distance, I just have to work my way up to it. 

Today's run has given me the confidence boost I needed!


No comments:

Post a Comment