Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Confused!!

It's taken me a couple of days to write this post  I'm just really confused right now and I don't know what my body is doing.  I had a great week last week, my points were good, I didn't go over, I stayed completely on plan.  I was really expecting a pretty good loss.  Instead I got blindsided!

I headed to Weight Watchers on Saturday morning.  I wasn't wearing my regular weigh in clothes as I was going to be running from Weight Watchers to the Air Care Centre where my awesome husband was taking my car so I can renew my insurance.

I thought because of the different clothes, heavier pants and long sleeved shirt, that I may be the same as last week or down just a little bit.  I knew it was not going well when the receptionist looked at me surprised.  Had me step off the scale, she turned it off and then back on.  The result was the same.  She even said to me, that she didn't want to write that number down.  That had me really worried.  I leaned over the counter so I could see what she was writing and I was stunned.

I had a gain....not a little gain...not a "these aren't my usual clothes gain"  I had a major gain.  I gained 3.9 pounds! I gained almost 4 pounds in  a week.  I don't understand how that happened.  You need to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound so in theory I would have had to eat my usual calories plus another 11,000 calories to account for that gain!  I know I didn't do that.  I'm very strict on my accountablility, I account for all of my points before I eat them so there isn't even any "oops, I shouldn't have had that" things happening.

I am so confused.  I really thought that with my running I would be losing weight a little bit quicker, that it would help speed up my metabolism a little bit but it's just not happening.  I am so frustrated!!!

I honestly didn't even feel like doing my run, but my husband's cell phone battery was dead so I had no choice.  I had to run to the Air Care centre 4.5km's from where I was.  I didn't even enjoy my run.  It was a really bad run.  I haven't had many of them but Saturday's run was not good.  I felt sluggish, my legs weighed a tonne and I had a horrible pace going.  It was all I could do to keep going.  I spoke to my friend "J" about my run, and she said that simply sometime you have a bad run. Although she did agree that my sucky weigh in probably affected my mindset from the get go.  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/489977067

I now have less than a week to go before the BMO 8K.  It's the race I've been training for and a week ago I was sure I would do so well with it.  Now....I'm just not sure.  I know that I'll do it.  I know that I'll complete it.  I won't let myself get swept off the course.  That's my biggest fear and I just have to keep moving to avoid that from happening.  Two more training runs before the big day.  Hopefully they will be better.

1 comment:

  1. I've been running (2nd Time) for over 4 years. This happens!!! I don't now why, but you know you didn't do anything to cause it. Remember the days when you get on the scale and your down 4 or 5 lbs.? Press on my Sister. LOL

    ReplyDelete