Saturday, December 21, 2013

Hanging in and Hanging on!

It's been a couple of weeks since I blogged.  Life has been hectic!  Getting back into the swing of working full time after being off work for almost 4 months has taken some getting used to.  I am back to getting up at 5am ish (awake at 5, but not always up and at 'em at 5) out the door by 615 and arriving back home at 630 is taking some getting used to again. 

I'm glad to be back to work, glad to see my train friends again and glad to be back to a routine.  Packing my breakfast and lunch is a great way for me to be accountable and keep on track.  I'm still learning my new job and the weather hasn't been great so I haven't been going for my noon time walks. 

It is something that I will get back into as soon as I can.  It's part of the plan and I need to have that plan in place to be successful.  I am getting my exercise in as I have to walk about one and a half kilometer's from the train to the office.  I also walk up the stairs when I get off the train as I have to hustle to get from the train to the skytrain so that I can get to work on time.  The timing is key in both directions as I am not someone who likes to be late, so I have to hurry to get off the train, up the stairs, across the train station and then down to the Canada Line.  Once I get off the Canada Line it takes about 12 minutes to walk to the office.  The going home is key, the timing has been a little tight a few times and if I miss my train home I have to wait almost an hour for the next.  If that doesn't keep me motivated to move it, then nothing will :)

I'm quite happy with how I've handled all the temptations at work this week. I've stayed on plan, by passed the cookies, the chocolates, the candy and all of the other treats. :)

I'm looking forward to spending Christmas with my family, we celebrate at my parent's home on Christmas Eve and then we host both sides of the family here on Boxing Day for Brunch.  I have a great plan in place and I'm looking forward to getting on that scale next week and maintaining my weight.  I'm not going to expect a loss, not with it being Christmas week, but I certainly don't want to see a gain.

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment