Monday, August 12, 2013

Mixing it up a bit.

It's  certainly time to mix things up a bit.  I had weigh in on Friday, and once again, those pesky 6 ounces reappeared as a loss this week.   I was a little frustrated with how things are going.  I'm not the most patient person in the world and I really had set myself a goal to be at 75 pounds lost by this week and instead I've spent five weeks playing with the same six ounces over and over and over again!

I had a good talk with my leader Paul.  I really love his style of leading he's so blunt and honest and thoughtful as well.  We discussed my exercise and how your body gets used to doing things.  Yes I'm walking, but I've been walking for six months and my body has gotten used to the exercise I'm doing so it's time to switch it up.

I had my husband get my bike road ready for me this weekend so that I could take it out, but I have to admit, the last time I rode it I fell off it and I'm a little nervous abut riding it.  I hate that as I used to love bike riding when I was younger.  I would get on my ten speed and ride for an hour or two without thinking about it.  I did go to ride my bike on Saturday evening when my husband was at a soccer game but I couldn't find my helmet so I didn't go.  I will rectify that one night this week and get out for a bike ride.

I did however do my first Yoga session.  I have never tried Yoga before, I have several co-workers who love Yoga and go all the time.  I thought I would give it a try, but instead of doing a class or a group session, I found some beginner Yoga sessions on Youtube.  I did two of those sessions on Saturday morning and quickly realized that I was very glad I wasn't doing this in a group session as I am not flexible at all!  I hurt in places I didn't know you could hurt, just by stretching!  Ah well.  I will continue on my Yoga quest and perhaps one day I will feel comfortable enough to go to an actual Yoga class.

No comments:

Post a Comment