Saturday, August 3, 2013

Patience is a virtue, right?

The past month has been a study in being patient.  I'm not a patient person by nature.  If I see something that needs to be done, I get it done.  If I want something, I need to go get it now!  If something is taking too long,  I tend to get fidgety.  Go through the Jiffy Lube and it takes more than 10 minutes for the oil change, I'm itching to get out of the car to see what's taking so long.   I want to lose weight, I want to see consistent losses week after week.

That isn't happening right now.  I've spoken to my WW leader about it and simply having lost 64 pounds in six and a half months is a lot.  He thinks my body just needs to catch up with what I've done and what I'm doing.  My problem is I set that pesky goal for myself a month or so back that I wanted to hit  75 pounds lost by the end of August.  (I guess I got a little cocky there huh?)  My body seems to be telling me, not so fast lady.  Have patience.  You'll get there when you get there.

I have to remember that this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon and as anyone who runs will tell you, you have to pace yourself for a distance run or you'll hit that wall.   I don't want to say that I've hit a wall, not yet.  I'm not considering these pesky 6oz up and downs to be a plateau.  I'm not sure what I'd call it but I do have to keep myself in check.  I have to have patience, and boy sometimes, that, in and of itself is the struggle right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment