Saturday, October 31, 2015

Ready to run again

It's been a couple of months since I hit the reset button and things are still going well.  It's been a bit of a challenge the past couple of weeks as I've been going through some personal stuff that I won't discuss here.  I only mention it as I'm proud of how well I've been handling things.

I've been under a lot of pressure and stress and what I've learned is paying off.  I had a major weight loss this week.  Although I've asked not to be told my weight, the receptionist today did tell me that I had done very, very good and I should be proud.

I appreciated her kind words, as it did make me feel a little bit better about how I've handled dealing with the stuff going on.

My husband and I had a stay-cation this week,  we had several appointments throughout the week but we were able to spend quality time with each other which has been great.  September was such a busy month for me with work, and I've also had quite a busy October as well, as I get two more of my events up and running.  My third event has it's first committee meeting this week, and I'm helping out with our Hockey for Alzheimer's event as well in a couple of weeks.

Our stay-cation was much needed quality R&R time with each other and I'm very grateful to have had the time for it.

My ankle is feeling much better, it's been a few weeks since it has ached so I'm going to slowly start back to running this week.  I looked up my old running chart from when I first joined the learn to run clinic a year and  a half ago, so I have that to follow until a new run clinic starts in January.

Last week was the Rock' n 'Roll  1/2 Marathon that I had registered for.  I wasn't able to run it so when I went to pick up my kit with my friend Jill, I signed up for next year's run so that I have a half marathon goal to shoot for.

I'm excited about getting back to running and I'm looking forward to it as well.  I'm hoping that it will be a stress reliever for me and I'll be able to run away the stress that I've been feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment