Friday, February 7, 2014

2nd Learn to run clinic under my belt

Today was run clinic day.  My goodness that week went by pretty lickety split.  I was up and on the go before 5am, on the 550 train to get to work an hour early.  Stopped at my parents house to get changed for run clinic and then hustled up the street.

We once again lucked out and the drizzle that has been happening on and off all day held off for us while we were out today.  We did Rapid pace and then recovery intervals, 4 minutes rapid, 1 minute recovery.  We're still walking but our pace picked up significantly this week, compared to last week.

I'm looking forward to next week as we're going to have a speaker come in and talk to us before we head out for our walk about proper stretching.  How to stretch, what stretches to do before and after our walk/jog's and for how long. 

Stretching is something that I really struggle with.  I tend to come back from my intervals and get on with things rather than letting my body cool down and stretch the muscles out.  I'm looking forward to gleaning as much information off the guest as I can.

I've got a great group of ladies that are in the clinic with me and I;m really grateful that my awesome husband got this for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment