Monday, February 9, 2015

Great support

The one thing I have learned in my weight loss and healthiness journey is how important it is to have a great support system. 

I am extremely lucky as my family has been supportive of my weight loss journey and my husband is amazing. When I went from walking to trying to run, he gave me a run clinic for part of my birthday present. He drives me to every race and is always there just before the finish line cheering me on. 

When I told him I wanted to do a half marathon, he didn't even bat an eyelash at the thought that this was something I wanted to do. 

Last week he booked us a hotel room for the night before the half marathon in May.   He thought it would be great if I didn't have to get up at 3 in the morning to drive into Vancouver. 

We were talking the other day about how I was feeling about the half marathon. I mentioned that I was nervous as I don't know if the route is hilly or not and I'm not sure if I'm doing enough to get ready for it. 

After my run today, the sun was shining for the first time in a week so  we headed into Vancouver just so that we could drive the half marathon route. I feel so much better after following the turn by turn directions. There are some hills on the route but I'm feeling comfortable with them. I'm very glad I've been doing the hill repeats I've been doing.  

I honestly don't know if I could do this without the support of my husband, family and friends. 

Today's run 6K, on the road and in the sun.  So happy to be able to run outside without getting soaked to the bone!  Very glad to have run 72.4 kilometres since January 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment