Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wonderful Gift

This has been a great week. I had to buy some more new clothes, I hit a milestone and I'm feeling good.  Today I felt even better.   We had a staff meeting at work today.  We have them every month and at them we give out what are called Bravo Awards.  They are meant to be a kudo's to someone for doing a job well, or helping out or going above and beyond.

I got a Bravo award today.  I received it from a co-worker who was giving me a bravo for taking care of my health and inspiring others with my dedication to my mid day walks and my healthy eating.  It was very touching and meant so much to me.

As I wrote last week, I've often been subjected to rude comments, stares, finger pointing and much more.  But today, that was all whisked away, and I felt so good about myself when my co-worker recognized my efforts.

Then, at the end of the staff meeting the very last thing, another of my co-workers stood up, said that they wanted to congratulate everyone on getting moving, getting slimmer and that it was inspirational, but she wanted to congratulate me on my dedication to my health and being inspiring to other people.  She then presented me with a lovely bunch of flowers, and a Starbucks gift card for me to get my tea with.



It was very heart warming to me and it means so much to me that the people I work with think that I'm inspiring to them.  I feel so grateful for the people that are supporting me and I can only hope that others who are on this journey are as blessed as I am to have so many people standing behind them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that is so amazing! Way to go Katie. I love that you are inspiring people in your workplace and in the blog world!

    ReplyDelete