Friday, March 20, 2015

Shamrock 'n' Race recap

Sunday I faced my largest challenge yet with running. I did the Try Events Shamrock'n'Race 7 miler. I think I've said this before but I love doing races put on by Try Events. They are smaller races, a few hundred people but I love them. The atmosphere is fun, they take great care with the races and I love the items you get with your race.

Race bib, shamrock socks and discount coupon
They also make it easier for beginning and slow runners to enjoy the race. The 7 mile race is once around the lake and the half marathon is two loops of the lake. 

I knew by the time I reached the 2K mark that I was the caboose, but I didn't let it bother me at all. I knew I was going to have to take my time as I was coughing my head off as I was going and it eventually got to the point where I was walking as much as I was running so I could catch my breath.  

The benefit of being the caboose, clear path for most of the way.


I decided to take my time and enjoy the scenery.  I was hoping to finish in two hours or less, however I didn't quite make my goal. My Garmin time was 2:08:58. 


The best shirt I've seen at a race yet!
I loved how the volunteers were cheering everyone on. I so enjoy the camaraderie  at the events. I was about an hour and a half into it when the first half marathoners passed me. Even though they were moving fast there was still the nod as they went by. 

The closer I got to the end the more half marathoners were passing me and yelling good job as they ran past. Even though I was the last 7 miler to make it across the finish line I felt really good!  Someone has to be last! (125 of 125)

At the car when i was done.

I love when I'm running down the chute towards the finish line and the announcer welcomes you back and congratulates you on a good job.


My cousin Carolee and I before the race (she was doing the 5k) and after with our "Bling"
This is my second time doing the Shamrock 'n' Race and I really do think I'll be back for next years race. 


Post Race relaxing on the couch with my awesome husband who drives me to all of my races.

No comments:

Post a Comment