Friday, October 4, 2013

I've lost a ten year old!

Not literally but physically!   The amount of weight I have lost as of today equals the average weight of a ten year old in North America.   I was so happy at weigh in this morning to get on the scale in my winter weigh in gear (no more summer sun dress for weigh in, pants and a shirt from here on out) and see a loss of 1.6 pounds to bring my total weight loss to 70.9 pounds.

This boggles my mind.  I've lost weight before, but not this much, I'm not sure how much further I want to go. I've been setting little goals for myself through my journey this far and I just have to decide if I want to continue setting the 10 pound goals for myself or if I want to select the ultimate goal and wrap my mind around a much bigger number.  The one thing with defining a final number at this point is my insecurity about it.  It's one thing to say after the fact I've lost 70 pounds, but if I had been thinking back in January when I started this journey, I have to lose 70 pounds I would have found it overwhelming.   Do I really want to say to myself I need to lose another 50, 60 or 70 pounds before I'm done and feel like it's an insurmountable task to take on, or do I keep doing this 10 pounds at a time.  I'm not sure yet.  It's something I have to think on and probably talk to my doctor about.  I weighed over 200 pounds when I was in grade 8 so I really can't picture myself at a weight lower than that although, that's still not what some would consider to be a healthy weight.  I have a while to go before I have to worry about setting a WW goal weight but it is something I have to wrap my head around.

I'm traveling up to Kamloops this weekend, where my husband and I will visit some friends on Saturday and then I'm volunteering for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure on Sunday October 6th.  This is a cause that is very near and dear to my heart.  I'm honoured to have been asked by the Foundation to go up to Kamloops to represent the Foundation at the tent giving out breast health information and talking to people about their breast health.  If you're interested in joining in visit www.runforthecure.com  and click on a city near you. The participation fee is only $40, which is pretty good for a 5k race with t-shirt, entertainment and healthy for you food!  If you're in the Kamloops area stop by the Pink CBCF tent and ask for Katie.  I should be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment