Monday, April 22, 2013

Was there a weekend in there somewhere?

How can it possibly be Monday evening?  I missed the weekend I think.  I guess that's what happens when you're busy with family stuff.   Mom is still in the hospital, she had her stress test and her nuclear medicine test today so we'll get the results tomorrow and find out if they have to clear any blockages.   Hopefully she'll be on the mend before long.  She hasn't had an Angina attack since Thursday so that's a good thing.

It was a hard weekend to get my steps in.  The weather wasn't cooperative at all really.  On Saturday Angus and I headed out for our Saturday morning walk, we were out about 40 minutes or so before my wonderful husband arrived to pick us up.  I had decided to start walking in the country so when the dark clouds moved in, my husband thought it was best to come get us before we got too wet.  We did some of our running around and then I headed over to my parents house and the hospital.  We had friends over for dinner on Saturday night and had a great time.  I made us fajita's for dinner and it went well.  I did treat myself to a small piece of black forest cake for desert but I stayed within my daily points and I didn't have to use any of the activity points that I earned.  I did 14,313 steps on Saturday.  Not quite my 15, 000 weekend goal but I'm happy with that considering all that I had going on. :)

Sunday was a different story.  It rained, and rained and rained.  Going grocery shopping was a challenge between the rain and the wind.  By 2pm it was still raining and I had a movie date with my husband for the 4pm showing of 42.   My husband did think it was hilarious that I was tucking a banana into my purse for my "treat" at the movies :)

I was thinking after the movie I could get my walk in, however by the time I was done visiting my mom at at the hospital and doing my dad's feet, it was too dark to go for a walk.  It didn't help that I had forgotten to put my pedometer on for our morning grocery shopping, so although the pedometer only has 10,350 steps on it for Sunday I'm thinking I did closer to 14, 000.

Today I worked from home as my mom was having her testing done and I wanted to be close by just in case I was needed.  It's hard working over an hour away from home, even harder considering I usually take the train in which means I have to wait until the first train heads back at 350.  I can tell you from experience there is nothing worse than that helpless feeling of needing to wait to get a train to come home when someone is ill or injured!

As I was working from home and it's a whole 100 steps from my desk to anywhere here on the upper floor I wasn't having much luck getting my steps in.  When my husband and I went up to see my mom at the hospital after dinner I was only at 5800 steps.  I still needed to go to my dad's to do his feet for him so I decided I would walk from the hospital to my parents house.  I figured it would take me roughly a half hour and I was pretty close, it took 28:56 according to the map my walk app on my phone.  Not bad.  The nights not quite over and I'm at 10,655 so although I'm not at 12, 000 where I would like to be, I'm not going to complain.  I'm making healthy choices and after all, that's what it's all about.
:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm always so impressed at you when you work in your walking! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete