Monday, January 31, 2011

Week from h**** over!!!

Last week was a very, very rough week. It was one of those weeks, that when it was done, it was like, please lord, never again! I had a pretty packed week planned last week anyway and then some work stuff happened and low and behold before I knew it, it was Friday night, doing a twelve hour shift and realizing that I hadn't made it to the gym once in the week. I plain and simply didn't have the time! It was also a week with a lot of stress and very little sleep. I made it through the end though, I really and truly did.

On Saturday, after getting barely 3 hours sleep all night, I was up and on my way to the gym with my husband. While he went to spin class I hit the elliptical and weights for all that I was worth. I worked out and I worked out hard. I burned almost 2200 calories in that work out and it felt good!

When I first got to the gym, I was dog tired and didn't think I would have the energy to keep moving for the almost hour and a half that I would be there. However, ten minutes into my workout I was like the energizer bunny! There was no stopping me!

Sunday mornign came and off I went to the gym, first thing, got in another solid hour of cardio and then weighed in. I maintained. Hip Hip Horray! I didn't gain and I didn't lose. For me that's a good thing. However, the one thing that it does prove is that I really do have to hit the gym 5-6 days a week to lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment