Sunday, June 1, 2014

Upgrading to bigger distances.

I've been feeling really good about my running since I completed my 8K race on May 4th.  I was previously registered for the Run for Water 5K, and the Abbotsford Police Challenge 10K in June.   It was going to be my first 10K race, sort of a celebration as it was my first race ever.  I decided this week to upgrade my Run for Water to the 10K.  I don't want to go backwards in my distances if that makes any sense at all?  I enjoyed the 8K and I was pretty confidant that I could have kept on going if I had to.  So I bit the bullet and called Run for Water to change my race to a 10K.

I'm quite excited, although a little nervous about it but I've done it now!  I was excited to go to Run Clinic and let the ladies know that I had upgraded my race.  I also had some other pretty exciting news for them as well.  I've signed up for next year's BMO already, and not the 8K.  I've signed up for the half marathon!  Who is this crazy person?!?!?!  I'm a little terrified of the half marathon at this point, but I know that with training for it properly, it will all be good.

It was hot for Run Clinic tonight.  I wasn't really looking forward to it as we had 18:2's x2 on the schedule and it was feeling really warm.  I made sure to bring lots of water with me and I wore my water belt to hold my water bottle.   I told Jason not to turn back for me, if we're doing the same route as last week, I'll turn around when we get to the 2minute walk and I know that eventually they will all catch up with me.  http://connect.garmin.com/dashboard?cid=32849932

I struggled a little bit with the heat, and I was finished all of my water before we got back to the store but I'm happy with how my run went.  I was able to run for 18 minutes at a time!!!!  I remember being so happy a few months back when I was able to run for 17 minutes in total on a run and that wasn't consecutive.   I can't believe how far I've come since January!

As it turned out I was almost back to the store before the first group of ladies caught up with me.  I circled back and met up with Jason and two other ladies and walked back to the store with them.   I have so enjoyed run clinic and these ladies, that I'm really going to miss them when we finish up.  The Run for Water is only 10 days away!

I won't be at Run Clinic next week as I'm working late but I'll be excited to hopefully see everyone at the Run for water!

No comments:

Post a Comment